Monday, March 4, 2013

Unforgettable.

This weekend, I found myself thinking of Sherlock while watching the best movie of the weekend in my favorite Peoria theater with some of my favorite friends. Not the sort of situation where my mind usually wanders, but there Sherlock was.

Flipping through my usual interweb haunts tonight, I found myself thinking a Supernatural/Scooby-Doo mash-up t-shirt on Teefury.com was Holmes and Watson from Sherlock, just drawn badly.

And then came a link to The Mary Sue pointing to a video of a guy named Eric Calderone performing a heavy metal version of the theme from Sherlock.  While serious metal isn't my usual musical selection of choice, I listened as enraptured as Sherlock Holmes at a Sarasate concert. Was I maybe even gently waving my fingers in time to the music? Maybe so.

A year has passed since the BBC series last graced us with its presence. And yet it remains a Sherlockian presence, and not merely out of expectation of a third series of episodes next year.

Sherlock has left its imprint upon me, to be sure.

And as I left my computer and began washing some dishes, I thought of my blog, and some other subject I used to write about when it was directly in front of my face. And then I realized that I had forgotten all about it . . . and it had only been a week and a half since its last new episode.

So I let it slip from my mind again and went back to Calderone-land, "where all is sweetness and delicacy, and harmony, and there are no red-headed clients to vex us with their conundrums."

No comments:

Post a Comment