Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Real-time cosplay "Eureka!" moment.

I think I've read "A Fangirl's Guide To Last Minute Sherlockian Cosplay" about six times since it first appeared. It's a quite encouraging article, despite the fact I'm more fanboy than fangirl, and yet . . . and yet . . . .

I mean, my main problem is that too much of the original Holmes Canon is open to a mildly overweight middle-aged male. There's a lot of Victorian fellows one can be. Or generic Victorian fellow. Or . . . .

And then, it came to me.

Right now. I mean, as I typed that "Or . . . ."

I mean, I have a costume. In my closet. And it's perfect. And it solves a second question I was having.

This is going to sound really stupid, but I was sitting down to blog about all the issues/excuses I have for not being satisfied with my options for Sherlockian cosplay . . . and then, BAM, just like that. The perfect costume for the spring of 2017. All I need to come up with is a proper piece of paper, and everything else suddenly works.

And yes, I'm going to be a bit of a shit and not tell you what it is until 221B Con. So stay tuned . . .

One more week until 221B Con. Lovely.

2 comments:

  1. Oh ack, one more week! *writes faster* *reads faster* *researches faster* *deduces faster*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really looking forward to seeing what kind of costume you decide to go as!

    ReplyDelete